You Can Be a Friend of God!
<![if !supportEmptyParas]> <![endif]>
1. How was Enoch’s relationship with God described?
Genesis 5:22, 24
2. What is said of Noah?
3. What was Abraham called?
4. How did the Lord converse with Moses?
5. Was this kind of relationship only for them?
6. What is it like to be close to God?
“The path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.” Proverbs 4:18 .
7. What happens to us as we behold the glory of the Lord?
2 Corinthians 3:18
8. What time of day did David set aside for prayer?
9. Was David’s prayer limited to the morning?
10. What was Daniel’s unwavering practice?
11. What example did Jesus set for us?
12. What did He often do in the evening?
13. How continually essential is prayer?
1 Thessalonians 5:17
“Men ought always to pray.” Luke 18:1 .
14. How close may we be to Jesus?
“I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.” Psalm 34:4 .
15. What reason did Jesus give for His confidence of His Father’s presence?
16. On what basis does God fulfill our requests?
1 John 3:22
The Bible gives clear guidelines for prayer:
a. We pray to God the Father in Jesus name ( John 16:23 ).
b. We come to God in faith, believing that He hears and will answer our prayer ( Matthew 21:22 ; Hebrews 11:6 ; James 1:6 ).
c. We trust Him to answer our prayers according to His will ( 1 John 5:14 ).
d. Vain repetition in prayer has no value ( Matthew 6:7 ).
e. The purpose of prayer is to bring glory to God ( John 14:13 ).
17. What cannot I do and expect God to hear me?
In order to pray acceptably we need to make things right with anyone we have harmed ( Matthew 5:23, 24 ), and put away any grudges we may be holding against others ( Mark 11:25, 26 ).
18. For whom should we pray? Just for ourselves?
19. How effective is prayer?
“For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers.” 1 Peter 3:12 .
20. Why does God sometimes deny our requests?
21. What phrase did Jesus add to His prayer?
22. How vital is it that we know God?
Knowing God is of more value than wisdom, might, and riches ( Jeremiah 9:23, 24 ).
23. What is the secret of spiritual success?
God’s words “shall be in thine heart: and thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.” Deuteronomy 6:6,7 .
In the Light of God’s Word....(Please respond YES or NO)
I desire to walk closely with God.
I choose to spend priority time every day in prayer.
I desire to make the word of God prominent in my home.
Next Lesson: What Happens to People When They Die?